What I do in the morning:
Hygiene stuff: contacts, brush teeth, deodorant, etc.
Fix hair and makeup
Take Jack outside
Head to the car!
All of this takes just about forty minutes: 20 upstairs, and 20 downstairs.
In my "upstairs" routine, I've done a few things to speed up the process:
1. Have water ready next to my bed for when I wake up
2. My lamp is on a timer and turns on at 5:55 to make sure I get up
3. This is the biggest timesaver; I put five 3M hooks on the wall in my closet, and pick out five outfits for the week on Sunday. I've started taking pictures of outfits I like, and put them in a photo album in Google Photos, so hopefully my Sunday time of picking them out will go even faster with some pre-made choices I know I already like. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not fantastically fashionable, so it's taken me a long time to figure out what I like and looks good!
In my "downstairs" routine, I've prepped a few things ahead of time for this all to go faster.
1. I set the coffee pot on a timer the night before so it's already ready, and I just have to pour it and go.
2. I usually make breakfast in the morning, but to cut down this time even further, I just started making breakfast casseroles on Sundays, and then I can just heat it up and eat it all week.
3. My lunches are my dinner leftovers. When I put away leftovers, I always put some aside in a glass container for lunch. This way, I don't have to make separate lunches, and it's made the night before.
It seems like I do a lot on Sundays, but one thing I usually do on Mondays is grocery-shop after work, and then make a large meal to pack for lunches for at least three days. I don't like thinking that my weekends are just to get ready for the week, so the only things I pressure myself to have done by Sunday night are outfits, and a lunch for Monday. It's not a fool-proof system, but it helps a lot!
So there you have it. What are some of your time-savers?
<3 Ms. P