Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Way led on to way...





...and I doubted if I should ever come back! But I did. Wow. My last post was in August...that was so long ago! As is the life of a teacher...

I have had so many post ideas since the beginning of the year, but as you all know, when something isn't a habit in our schedules it tends not to happen. I've made it a goal this month to get back to blogging. Thank you to anyone who has been reading.

Like many people, I created a litany of New Year Resolutions back in January, and also like many people, some have stuck, and some never got going. (Obviously one that didn't get going-until now-was the blog!) Others HAVE stuck, or at least got moving, and they were thanks to several new changes.

1. Maximize work at work, and less work at home, thanks to:
Click Here for Tips!
I joined this club back in October, but the daily time organization system has stuck well into the new year, and I finally feel in control of the endless "to-do."


2. Be accountable for goals and my time at home. Got a personal PAPER planner that I love to plan, goal, dream, and scribble in from InkWellPress. I always used a paper planner until I graduated college and started using Google Calendar. I now use both. A paper planner lets me write down my goals for the month, and record them daily. I got the blue wooden chevron design.
Start Planning Here!
Big Sky Fitness!
3. Exercise more in the winter. I joined a new gym and signed up for teacher yoga classes after school. I was already a member of a gym, but I never felt welcome by the employees, or other people working out. It felt very "corporate." This new gym I joined is only in CT right now, but if you can't get yourself to the gym, it might be the actual building that feels uninviting, not the lack of motivation to exercise (although that is still certainly the case with me sometimes! Who really WANTS to work out?!). I also signed up for another 6-week session of yoga with four other teachers and we practice right after school in someone's classroom. Newer yoga teachers are often willing to offer discounted classes for teachers to get their businesses started. Our current teacher was "new" three years ago, but still charges us a discounted rate!



Whatever your goals were back in January, pick one to even just think about today. Happy half-way through the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment